Animal Care PA (ACPA) invites your entire veterinary practice or school to participate as a team to help us raise money for animals in need!
Bark in the Park, Animal Care PA's (ACPA) major annual fundraising event, includes a 5K Race, a 1-Mile Dog Walk as well as a Pet Costume Contest.This is our 13th year hosting the event, and we are excited to be back in person on City Island! We also have a virtual option as well.
Proceeds benefit Animal Care PA’s community-based programs: FEED, CARE, EDUCATE. The FEED initiative, Henry’s Helping Paws Program, provides pet food for animals owned by senior citizens who struggle financially to provide for their beloved pets. The CARE initiative, The Last Chance Program, helps pay for life-saving veterinary care for animals in need.
Your practice and patients benefit from ACPA programs through:
- FEED: The Henry’s Helping Paws Program originally restricted to Chester County, is expanding and provides pet food and care to qualified senior citizens.
- CARE: The Last Chance (TLC) Program and TLC Participating Practices can apply for grants that help offset the cost of critical care for pet families in need. This is a Pennsylvania Veterinary Medical Association (PVMA) Member benefit. Not enrolled? Enroll your practice today!
- EDUCATE: This program provides scholarships to help the next generation of veterinary professionals. Who knows, maybe your practice will hire an ACPA scholarship recipient!
This is your chance for your practice to get major exposure through social media, engage with clients, and do good for the veterinary community.
Who Will Win?
Become the Top Dog team by raising the most funds for Animal Care PA through Bark in the Park, and your team will receive the traveling plaque that you can proudly display in your office for a year! Your practice name will be engraved on the plaque. But most importantly, you’ll get the bragging rights for the top Veterinary Hospital!
Meet Last Year's Winners: Harcum College - Veterinary Nursing
2021's Bark in the Park event had:
- 314 runners and walkers
- $13,000 raised for Animal Care PA’s programs
Help us make this year’s virtual event even bigger!
Get Your Veterinary Hospital Involved!
Bark in the Park will feature a special competition open only to participants registered as part of a veterinary hospital team. So gather your coworkers, family members, and friends, form a team and get ready for a little friendly competition with other veterinary hospitals.
Here’s how it works:
- Name a team captain and have the team captain register for Bark in the Park at BarkinthePark5K.org - When registering, all individual team members will want to create their own account. A team captain can register everyone all at once during their own registration by choosing the number of adults, children, and with or without T-shirt, but individuals will still need to create their own accounts to help with fundraising.
- Choose Create a New Team under the event questions.
- Choose a Team Name
- Select “Yes” or “No” whether you are a veterinary practice team or not
- Let us know whether your team plans to participate in the costume contest!
- Once the team is created, individuals will be able to register at BarkinthePark5k.org and then Select Join an Existing Team and then choose your team from the drop down list.
- The Team Captain will select “Create a Fundraising Team” on the Become a Fundraiser/Donate page.
- All individual team members will select “Join an Existing Fundraising Team” on this page and choose the team from a dropdown list.
The Team Captain that created the Fundraising Page will receive an email confirmation with the following:
- The URL to your fundraising page that you can share with your teammates, co-workers, clients, friends and family.
- Your team’s goal
- How to edit your fundraising page and personalize to your team information:
- Login to IT'S YOUR RACE and go to MY ACCOUNT then MY PROFILE. Click on your fundraising page team name and you'll be able to edit your page there.
This is a great way to have some fun with your entire team while participating in a great cause for the community and the veterinary profession.
We look forward to having you participate in our Bark in the Park for 2022! Let’s see who will get the bragging rights of the Top Dog Award Plaque!